Friday, September 17, 2021

Brian Wilson strips down Beach Boys classics via 'At My Piano' - hear his version of "God Only Knows" now


Brian Wilson
 and Decca Records have announced the release of At My Piano, a full-length album where Wilson revisits Beach Boys classics via instrumental piano arrangements. Hear the lovely version of "God Only Knows" HERE.

Versions of enduring classics including "In My Room," "Wouldn't It Be Nice," "California Girls," "Don't Worry Baby," "Good Vibrations" and many more are set to be included on the collection. 


Brian Wilson behind the piano in Indio, CA on Sept. 1, 2019.
Photo: Robert Kinsler

In a press release, Wilson says: "We 
had an upright piano in our living room and from the time I was 12 years old I played it each and every day. I never had a lesson, I was completely self-taught. I can’t express how much the piano has played such an important part in my life. It has bought me comfort, joy and security. It has fueled my creativity as well as my competitive nature. I play it when I’m happy or feeling sad. I love playing for people and I love playing alone when no one is listening. Honestly, the piano and the music I create on it has probably saved my life.”

Wilson is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential songwriters of the rock era...Robert Kinsler


At My Piano:

01 God Only Knows

02 In My Room

03 Don’t Worry Baby

04 California Girls

05 The Warmth of the Sun

06 Wouldn’t It Be Nice

07 You Still Believe in Me

08 I Just Wasn’t Made for these Times

09 Sketches of Smile: Our Prayer/Heroes and Villains/Wonderful/Surfs Up

10 Surf’s Up

11 Friends

12 Till I Die

13 Love and Mercy

14 Mt Vernon Farewell

15 Good Vibrations

No comments: