Saturday, February 20, 2021

Paul Stanley's Soul Station set to release 'Now and Then' on March 19


Going into the weekend, I wanted to provide an update on Now and Then, the forthcoming debut release from Paul Stanley's Soul Station.


KISS singer Paul Stanley brought his new group Soul Station
to the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano on Feb. 26, 2016.
Photo: Bob Steshetz

As Stanley and his collective get set to release their highly-anticipated new album Now and Then on March 19, 2021, it got me recalling how truly strong the ensemble was when I saw them appear at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano five years ago. And yes, for those who don't know, Soul Station's Stanley is also the frontman ("the Starchild") for legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame outfit KISS


Paul Stanley at the Coach House.
Photo: Bob Steshetz



When I reviewed Stanley and company in February 2016, I was absolutely floored and had no idea that Stanley could sing soul music with such power and authenticity. Read my Orange County Register review of that memorable concert re-posted on Rock 'n' Roll Truth HERE


Hear the troupe's versions of "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" and "O-O-H Child" and other stellar soul cuts HERE. The forthcoming disc will feature five original selections along with nine covers of classic R&B and soul tracks. Here is the complete track listing for the upcoming album:

1. Could It Be I’m Falling In Love
2. I Do
3. I, Oh I
4. Ooo Baby Baby
5. O-O-H Child
6. Save Me (From You)
7. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
8. Whenever You’re Ready (I’m Here)
9. The Tracks Of My Tears
10. Let’s Stay Together
11. La-La – Means I Love You
12. Lorelei
13. You Are Everything
14. Baby I Need Your Loving


The musical troupe accompanying Stanley on this project include Rafael “Hoffa” Moreira (guitar & backing vocals), Sean Hurley (bass), Alex Alessandroni (Musical Director, keyboards), Ely Rise (keyboards), Eric Singer (drums & backing vocals), RayYslas (percussion), Gavyn Rhone (backing vocals), Crystal Starr (backing vocals) and Laurhan Beato (backing vocals) and Jon Pappenbrook (lead trumpet).

In a statement, Stanley says of Now and Then: "Between us doing some great Soul Station shows and starting the album, I started to think that neither the band or the music we love should depend only on the past, so I started writing with the goal of seamlessly taking songs into the present. From what a lot of people I respect have told me, that mission was accomplished.”

You can pre-order the album HERE.


Robert Kinsler


2 comments:

TDog said...

Definitely looking forward to checking this out

Robert Kinsler said...

I am too! Ever since I caught Paul Stanley's Soul Station in 2016 I have hoped they would issue a studio album! Can't wait to hear this!