Sunday, December 28, 2014

My favorite albums of 2014

You knew it was coming, right? I may very well be the last music writer to finally get around to posting their favorite albums of 2014, but better late than never. I have listed my favorite 20 albums of the year in alphabetical order. I also included several "Honorable Mentions" that are terrific and could easily have made my top 20 depending on the day... 

1. Rock or Bust, AC/DC

2. Everyday Robots, Damon Albarn

3. Common Ground, Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin

4. The Both, The Both

5. Sweet Freaks, The Brand New Heavies

6. Ghost Stories, Coldplay

7. The River & The Thread, Rosanne Cash

8. The Take Off and Landing of Everything, Elbow

9. Built to Break, Ronnie Fauss

10. Stay Gold, First Aid Kit

11. Terms of My Surrender, John Hiatt

12. Diamonds, Johnnyswim

13. Counterfeit Blues, Corb Lund

14. Playland, Johnny Marr

15. Good Luck Charm, The Mastersons

16. Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

17. Bluesamericana, Keb' Mo'

18. Most Messed Up, Old 97's

19. Trigger Hippy, Trigger Hippy

20. Storytone, Neil Young

Honorable Mentions = great listening

Carter Girl, Carlene Carter

Way Out West, The Fallen Stars

Sundown Heaven Town, Tim McGraw

No Fools, No Fun, Puss n Boots

Classics, She & Him

Goin' Home, Kenny Wayne Shepherd

The Blues Came Callin', Walter Trout

1 comment:

newwavegeo said...

I see some surprises. We have a few titles in common among your top 25.