Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Devo guitarist Bob Casale dies at 61; a look back at my first Devo show

Bob Casale Photo: Jules Bates/Artrouble
Earlier today we learned the sad news that Devo guitarist Bob Casale died yesterday (Monday, Feb. 17, 2014). He was only 61. That news came in the wake of last year's passing of Devo drummer Alan Myers. In honor of Casale, I wanted to repost my review of the band's performance in Anaheim on Oct. 27, 2006. My review of the band's headlining concert was published in The Orange County Register; the show marked the first of two times I caught the band (the second being at Coachella in 2010 - you can read my review of the band's show at Coachellafest here).



Devo caps a night of retro fun

Review: The group’s jerky music and high concept visuals still resound at show devoted to ’80s nostalgia.

By ROBERT KINSLER / Special to the Register

No comments: