Friday, July 08, 2005

A Look Ahead

Every Friday, time permitting, I'll go ahead and use this space to recommend a few upcoming shows and good reads. I will include the basics and contact info...

First, check out my story in the Orange County Register today. The subject of my Orange Pop column is Lee Rocker, the one-time Stray Cats bassist and a talented solo artist on his own. I saw him at the Hootenanny last Saturday and he was epic. He has two new albums coming out on July 12th. I cover all that and more in my feature story on him today...www.ocregister.com and click on the Entertainment button, etc.

If you don't have any plans for tonight, James Grey and Tyrone Wells perform songs and tell stories at Martini Blues, 5874 Edinger Ave., Huntington Beach, sometime after dark. Call (714) 840-2129 or visit www.jamesgrey.com for more details.

Anyone going to the Orange County Fair on Saturday, July 9th should plan on catching Grampas Grass when they perform from 4-6 p.m. on the Sun Stage. The show is free to anyone with fair admission. The band blends folk, rock, Southern rock and Latin styles. Nice outdoor music, perfect for a July afternoon while you enjoy all the great food in So Cal! Info: www.grampasgrass.com.

My continued prayers and good thoughts for our friends in London who have suffered an attack by suspected al Qaeda bombers. The victims are people like you and I, innocent people going about their lives. Going to work, to see family and friends, etc. It is sick stuff and I hope we never loose touch with how far this evil movement will go to destroy all of the freedoms we enjoy...

No comments: