Tuesday, March 12, 2024

R.I.P. Eric Carmen



I am in shock. It has just been announced that Eric Carmen passed away over the weekend. I was a tremendous fan of singer-songwriter Carmen, and especially of his work with the Raspberries. In particular, I consider that band's "Go All the Way" one of my all-time favorite songs; in fact I discussed the song on a video episode of "Top 100 Songs of All Time" on TJR's popular YouTube channel you can view HERE. Other gems from that power pop band included "Overnight Sensation," "Tonight" and "Let's Pretend." His solo hits included "All By Myself" and "Hungry Eyes." Only 74, Carmen's death has been announced by his wife Amy Carmen. Read a wonderful appreciation of the artist written by John M. Borack HERE. Learn more about Carmen's life and passing HERE...Robert Kinler


No comments: