Friday, March 19, 2021

Tom Holkenborg's soundtrack for 'Zack Snyder's Justice League' debuted at #1 on the iTunes chart today

A team of legendary superheroes join forces for the epic 4-hour 
'Zack Snyder's Justice League' (Warner Bros)

Having watched the epic Zack Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max yesterday, I am not surprised that composer Tom Holkenborg's soundtrack for the movie debuted at #1 on the iTunes chart today. I'll be reviewing the soundtrack in my next album review column, but I noted the score's power in my full-length discussion episode about the superhero Zack Snyder-directed film with musician/YouTube reviewer TJR that you can view HERE.

Ray Fisher's character Cyborg plays a more central role in
Zack Snyder's Justice League (Warner Bros)


The album has amassed over 1 million streams on Spotify in just 24 hours, a remarkable feat for a soundtrack and confirmation that his "Mount Everest of Scores" has been warmly received by the DC Universe. The soundtrack's nearly 4 hours of music showcases Tom's colossal output on a project which was a massive and deeply personal undertaking for him, given his and Zack Snyder’s years-deep connection on the film.


"I can't help but celebrate the success that the Justice League soundtrack has seen in just 24 hours! This was a special project for me in so many ways and I just quickly want to say THANK YOU".

Tom breaks down the Justice League score in his YouTube series Studio Time (check out the first episode of the new season here)


Robert Kinsler

No comments: