Wednesday, January 11, 2017

ASIA's John Wetton to sit out early 2017 tour dates

All my well wishes go to John Wetton and I hope he is 100 percent better soon! Here is a statement I received from his publicist today:

John Wetton, on left, performing with drummer Carl Palmer
at Club Nokia in 2010. Photo: Armando Brown

A PERSONAL STATEMENT FROM  ASIA’s JOHN WETTON
I am disappointed to announce that, on the advice of my medical team, I have to withdraw from Cruise to the Edge, and from the first leg of the Journey  tour, March 15 – April 4.
I will soon be starting a new medical chemotherapy procedure, under which I will not be able to fly.
I am grateful to the promoters of the cruise.  I wish them pleasant sailing and I know my friends on the cruise, both artists and fans, will have a ball on the ocean wave,  I will be with you all in spirit.
My good friend Billy Sherwood will fill in for me within Asia, keeping my seat warm during the initial 12 Journey dates.  While I am naturally disappointed to miss the beginning of what I know will be an historic ASIA tour, I am intending to return to the stage with Asia later in 2017, dates soon to be announced. I know this decision will be in the best interests of my health and our fans, in the long run.
John Wetton
Bournemouth
England
January 11th. 2017

No comments: