Friday, May 25, 2012

Eric Burdon, Kylie Minogue, Marissa Nadler

What do Eric Burdon, Kylie Minogue and Marissa Nadler have in common? All have new music headed our way ...have a great weekend everybody!


Eric Burdon set to release the most personal album of his career
'Til Your River Runs Dry set for release on Sept. 18, 2012

Fans can sneak peek first single, "Memorial Day" this holiday weekend


Eric Burdon photo credit: Marianna Proestou 
 
Eric Burdon has completed his most personal album to date, titled ‘Til Your River Runs Dry to be released September 18 by ABKCO Records. A member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and hailed by Rolling Stone as one of the “100 Greatest Voices of All Time,” Burdon has long forged new ground while maintaining a commanding presence in the music marketplace as front man of The Animals, with WAR at its inception and simply as Eric Burdon. In 2012, Eric’s influence is enjoying resurgence with both new artists and superstars.


During his 2012 SXSW keynote address Bruce Springsteen said of The Animals’ “We Gotta Get Out of This Place," "That's every song I've ever written. That's all of them. I'm not kidding, either. 'Born to Run,' 'Born in the USA,' everything I've done for the past 40 years, including all the new ones." At that very moment, in another part of Austin, Eric was jamming with emerging artist Brendan Benson for a Daytrotter session which will go live on Daytrotter.com, Friday May 25, 2012. Just a few hours after Springsteen’s “confession,” he and Burdon joined forces for an electrifying duet on ‘We Gotta Get Out of This Place.”

As a special and very timely preview of ‘Til Your River Runs Dry, one track from the album, aptly titled “Memorial Day,” premieres via audio stream this Memorial Day weekend. Click here to listen and feel free to share: http://soundcloud.com/abkco-1/memorial-day

‘Til Your River Runs Dry features original tracks written by Eric Burdon including “Bo Diddley Special,” “The River Is Rising,” “Water,” “Wait” and and the aforementioned “Memorial Day.” ABKCO will support the album’s release with an extensive promotion and marketing campaign in conjunction with a full slate of tour dates by Burdon.

The album was produced by Burdon and Tony Braunagel and recorded in New Orleans in 2010 and 2011 in California at Playback Studios in Santa Barbara and at Ultratone Recording in Studio City where Eric recorded his last two albums, My Secret Life and Soul of a Man. The new album was mixed by Ed Cherney and mastered by Doug Sax and Eric Boulanger at The Mastering Lab in Ojai, California.

Eric recently discussed ‘Til Your River Runs Dry and its lengthy gestation period:

“I started feeling that I needed to use this album as a catharsis, to express my own truth. It took longer than any other album, not because of time spent in the studio, but because of the subject matter of the songs I wanted to put out there,” Eric explains. The result is a deeply intimate, honest self-portrait as well as unsparing look at religion, politics and the environment. “During the making of this record, we lost Bo Diddley, one of my greatest influences. There were many things I would have said to him, if I’d realized that his time was limited.”


"I traveled to New Orleans to record with the Fats Domino’s band, something I wrote when Fats was presumed missing in the days after Katrina. The whole Katrina situation touched me deeply. It’s the birthplace of all the music that I love. A friend sent me a photo of Fats being rescued and it brought me such joy. I knew I had to put in words – and music – the relief that I felt. The struggle I had writing the material for this record was intense."

"Global warming, the potential disaster of the water crisis.. too much water, too little water. I chose the title, because there are so many times in one’s life, when one feels he has nothing more to offer. But no, my river has not run dry. I offer this as a bit of hope that we, as the human race, will find new sources of replenishment and inspiration."

"I never looked for money or fame, but I always knew I had to follow my own journey. As a kid in Newcastle, it was extremely unlikely that I would have an international career as a singer, lasting 50 years. I’ve been very fortunate. I’m a survivor, who doesn’t take his good fortune for granted."

"When I started out with the Animals I never dreamed that I would grow old, much less be singing on stage at the age of 70,” said Eric. “There I was, in my twenties, singing “When I was Young,” as if I was already an old man. Now, I can look back at a life with many ups and downs, and thankfully, I can reflect on where I am and where I’ve been. I’m privileged to be able to look back at the many paths and highways that I’ve traveled. At this point in my life, I’m very comfortable in this place where I am.”
 
 
Pop Superstar Kylie Minogue releases a surprise brand new single and video, "Timebomb," exlusively available worldwide on the iTunes Store
 

Global pop superstar Kylie Minogue releases a brand new single and video “Timebomb’’ today (Friday, May 25), the latest and biggest surprise as part of K25 – a year long celebration of Kylie’s 25 years in music. The song is available exclusively on iTunes until next Wednesday here: http://smarturl.it/KylieTimebomb.

Kylie filmed an electrifying video for “Timebomb” last month in central London, causing chaos as she strolled through some of the busiest streets, leading to huge speculation about what was being filmed. The video, directed by Christian Larson, includes some of Kylie’s sexiest scenes yet – and lovers of her legendary hot pants will not be disappointed. The video is available to view at: http://youtu.be/zL2wGYCINwY and http://www.kylie.com/


Kylie will perform the song on the semi-final of “The Voice” on BBC1 in the UK this Sunday.


K25 is a year of celebrations to mark Kylie’s 25th year in the music industry. So far, as part of the celebrations, Kylie has made a surprise video available on Kylie.com on the 25th of every month. She has also performed ‘Anti Tour’ shows in Melbourne, Sydney, Manchester and London – small, stripped down shows in intimate venues which featured rarely performed material including B-Sides and album tracks.


Kylie will be performing at Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in London on June 4, and will also headline the BBC’s Proms in the Park concert in Hyde Park on September 8 – backed by the BBC Concert Orchestra.


Capitol Records Catalog are releasing ‘The Best of Kylie Minogue’ on CD on June 19, 2012 featuring a collection of the public’s favorite Kylie hits.

“Timebomb” video: http://youtu.be/zL2wGYCINwY



For more on Kylie Minogue, including news updates, photos, streaming audio and video, and downloads, please visit http://www.kylie.com/.



Follow Kylie on twitter at www.twitter.com/kylieminogue



Marissa Nadler Shares Special Memorial Day Weekend Preview of New Record, The Sister, Out May 29, 2012 



Readies East Coast Summer Tour Dates

Boston-based songwriter Marissa Nadler has offered an early Memorial Day weekend listen of her new release, The Sister. Sharing the album with fans via facebook and twitter, The Sister is now streaming for a limited time only at SoundCloud and is out next week on her own Box of Cedar Records, The Sister is a companion record of eight new tracks subtly linked to last year's self-titled critically acclaimed LP and wasrecorded and produced by Brian McTear at Miner Street Studios in Philadelphia. Nadler will play select East Coast dates with Faces on Film this June including two performances in New York.
 
"she wears her poise like a lustrous badge." - FILTER




"The Sister' demonstrates that Marissa Nadler is well on her way to carving out a special niche in

a musical world littered with dilettantes." - BUST



"folk hypnotist...whose best work magically feels ethereal and earthen at the same time." - Stereogum

"This is a singer's album, one that luxuriates in the pure, lovely tones of Nadler's warmly intimate, darkly insistent voice." - MAGNET





Marissa Nadler in Concert



6/01 - Somerville, MA - The Armory

6/02 - New Haven, CT - Cafe Nine

6/13 - Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's

6/14 - Washington, DC - DC 9

6/15 - Brooklyn, NY - Union Hall

6/16 - New York, NY - Joe's Pub








The Sister Tracklisting


1. The Wrecking Ball Company

2. Love Again, There is a Fire

3. Christine

4. Apostle

5. Constantine

6. To a Road, Love

7. In a Little Town

8. Your Heart is a Twisted Vine


For more info, please visit:

http://marissanadler.com/

http://marissanadler.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marissa-Nadler/103715669667855






No comments: