Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hurricane relief

Many of you are worn out by the endless coverage of Hurricane Katrina-related news 24/7. Of course, that is nothing compared to those who have endured the tragedy. My heart really goes out to them; the loss is simply beyond words or pictures or anything I've experienced.

There have already been countless efforts on behalf of the victims and I really believe most Americans do want to help, and many have. It's great that the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and Neil Young are among those going to perform this weekend on MTV/VH1. I hope in addition to asking us poor folk to give, they do something themselves. Paul McCartney or Mick Jagger wouldn't miss $1 million, so lets hope they are willing to give a bit. Neil Young's assistance with Farm Aid and his Bridge School Benefit demonstrates clearly where his heart and wallet are. America has been pretty good to them, so it would be great for them to go the extra mile this weekend! I don't expect Motley Crue, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge or Usher to be any good, but then they might look pretty fine compared to Kid Rock!

I didn't need to have a rock star tell me to give. I did it twice last weekend on my own, and I'll give more when I can. I did after 9/11 too. I'll be watching.

No comments: