Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Doheny Blues Fest; it's coming

Although the 8th Annual Doheny Blues Festival doesn't arrive until May 21 and 22, I am already swamped writing a trio of preview stories on the blues event that arrives on the shores of Dana Point every May.

Make sure to check out my story on Steve Copeland & Raging Sun when it runs in the Show section on Friday, May 13. Steve had a stroke and was in the hospital in critical condition last December, yet has made an amazing recovery and will be bringing his amazing blues outfit to the festival on Saturday, May 21. If you plan on going to the festival, arrive by noon so you can catch his set.

I'm also writing a story on headliner Kenny Wayne Shepherd and that will run sometime in the middle of next week. I haven't talked to him yet, so I don't know the shape of the story. But with his most recent album a good, wide-ranging affair, I'm looking forward to our phone chat and catching him at the fest too....

For more information about this always-fun fest, visit www.omegaevents.com

That's it for now...

No comments: