Monday, April 14, 2014

Coachella roundup: Reviews and more reviews

I was blown away by Queens of the Stone Age via the Coachella Weekend 1 webcast.
Because I was assigned late last week to review David Crosby's eagerly-awaited return to The Troubadour last night (Sunday, April 13) for the first of a string of five sold-out performances at the legendary venue in the wake of his recovery from emergency heart surgery in February, I was not able to make it to Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival this weekend. 

However, I did catch hours and hours of the coverage via YouTube's live webcasts and was pretty impressed by plenty of the acts, notably Queens of the Stone Age, Pet Shop Boys, Wye OakWhite Lies and many more I have yet to ever see live. I can't wait to get to the fest next weekend!

Here are links to The Orange County Register's coverage of Weekend 1.

Early coverage of day 1, including ZZ Ward is here.

Coverage of day 1, including OutKast's return is here.

Coverage of day 2, including Pharrell and Muse is here.

Coverage of day 3 early performers, including Courtney Barnett  here.

No comments: