Tuesday, April 19, 2005

That ain't news!

I used to have a great editor at the Orange County News that was brutally honest. If you pitched a story and he saw it as mere "P.R." or a so-called "puff piece," he would growl and exclaim, "That ain't news."

I often think that when I receive updates on the latest goings-on from pop stars. Take the announcement that Alanis Morissette will embark on her first ever acoustic tour and will be releasing an acoustic version of her album "Jagged Little Pill" revamped. Why? I mean, does anyone really care? I guess it will sell loads when Starbucks sells it exclusively for six weeks. I guess it takes a savvy marketing push to sell her music now...

But tour news that truly is news; the Orange County Fair has announced a bunch of concerts and the schedule includes an appearance by the legendary Plimsouls (on a bill with X) on Friday, July 15th. Now that's worth waiting for, to see Peter Case back in action with one of the best bands to ever call L.A. home.

No comments: