Whether you are a fan of The Monkees or love all things Blu-ray, how cool is this news?
Celebrate The Monkees' 50th anniversary with the upcoming release of the complete series on Blu-ray
• All 58 episodes, newly remastered in stunning HD from the original negatives for the very first time, plus the 1969 TV Special "33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee"
• Bonus material featuring commentaries from all four Monkees, original Kellogg's Monkees commercials, and more
• The 1968 Monkees film "HEAD" in HD with never-before-seen outtakes
• Unique packaging including a 7" of two previously unreleased TV mixes
• Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets
• Only available at Monkees.com
50 years ago today on September 8, 1965, when producers Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider placed a classified ad in The Hollywood Reporter seeking "4 insane boys," they had no idea that they were about to unleash Monkee-mania! But that's exactly what happened the following year when the first episode of "The Monkees" debuted on NBC on September 12, 1966.
On the 50th anniversary of that fateful casting call, Rhino is excited to announce the upcoming release of the entire series (58 episodes) in stunning high-definition Blu-ray for the very first time, painstakingly restored from the newly located original film negatives. The 10-disc Blu-ray collection with also include the 1968 cult-classic "HEAD," along with many never-before-seen outtakes from the film. It's the beginning of many surprises planned to celebrate The Monkees' 50th anniversary in 2016.
While we don't have final package art yet, we will be revealing it soon, along with behind-the-scenes making-of videos and samples of the stunning new transfer vs. the current versions, plus plenty of surprises, like this original TV spot, unseen for nearly 50 years!
Shipping January 2016, THE MONKEES - THE COMPLETE SERIES ON BLU-RAY is now available for pre-order exclusively at Monkees.com. This fan edition is individually numbered and is strictly limited to 10,000 sets - this WILL sell out quickly, so place your pre-order now!