Sunday, December 28, 2014

My favorite albums of 2014

You knew it was coming, right? I may very well be the last music writer to finally get around to posting their favorite albums of 2014, but better late than never. I have listed my favorite 20 albums of the year in alphabetical order. I also included several "Honorable Mentions" that are terrific and could easily have made my top 20 depending on the day... 

1. Rock or Bust, AC/DC

2. Everyday Robots, Damon Albarn

3. Common Ground, Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin

4. The Both, The Both

5. Sweet Freaks, The Brand New Heavies

6. Ghost Stories, Coldplay

7. The River & The ThreadRosanne Cash

8. The Take Off and Landing of EverythingElbow

9. Built to BreakRonnie Fauss

10. Stay GoldFirst Aid Kit

11. Terms of My SurrenderJohn Hiatt

12. DiamondsJohnnyswim

13. Counterfeit BluesCorb Lund

14. PlaylandJohnny Marr

15. Good Luck CharmThe Mastersons

16. Andrew McMahon in the WildernessAndrew McMahon in the Wilderness

17. BluesamericanaKeb' Mo'

18. Most Messed UpOld 97's

19. Trigger HippyTrigger Hippy

20. StorytoneNeil Young

Honorable Mentions = great listening

Carter Girl, Carlene Carter

Way Out West, The Fallen Stars

Sundown Heaven Town, Tim McGraw

No Fools, No Fun, Puss n Boots

Classics, She & Him

Goin' HomeKenny Wayne Shepherd

The Blues Came Callin', Walter Trout

1 comment:

newwavegeo said...

I see some surprises. We have a few titles in common among your top 25.